More than 61 huts were gutted in a major fire accident after a fire broke out in one of them at Kontamuru Jangala colony in Rajahmundry, in the early morning on Monday. Most huts were reduced to ashes as several families lost their belongings including clothes and cash in the blaze. The fire accident in this area left several people homeless.
Following this, fire tenders rushed to the spot and managed to put out the fire. The officials are estimating the loss of property. It is being suspected that a short circuit resulted in a fire that spread the entire colony within no time.