We all know fast food is unhealthy for us as well as our kids. The fact is, we cannot avoid eating junk for all our lives!
If you’re a busy parent, chances are you’ve been in the company of hungry children, desperate to find the nearest place to eat and refuel. Although fast food can make for a quick and appealing pit stop, meals can be high in calories, sugars and sodium.
- Never leave home without snacks.
- Choose age-appropriate sizes for meals.
- Encourage fruit over fries.
- Share a meal with your child.
- Establish your expectations beforehand.
- Decide on dessert
- Insist that they sit.
- Teach teens healthy habits.
- Be a good role model.